Aug 26, 2011

Arkansas Post-Bound Under a Hunter's Moon

Fall colors are electrifying today after yesterday's rain, on the 540 near Devil's Den on my way east to Arkansas Post and the White River Wildlife Refuge.  The moon is full tonight, a hunter's moon it's called...the first one 'after' the autumn equinox.  I hope you're able to see it in NWA tonight, though more thunderstorms are predicted.  It's sunny will high clouds here, the little puffs looking like backflipping hound dogs.

Purpose of this trip:  First, to catch the moon and fall colors on film and video.   Second, to visit the Arkansas Post Museum.  And third, to catch a buffalo....the 'fish,' that is.

Lastly, I hope to hook up with Jim Fortune, a long-time habitue of the Red and White and other rivers for a road trip to environs near Newport.  Lots of interesting history along those parts, says Jim.  I'm looking forward to that.

Take care everyone and I'll post some details on this adventure as I go....